CONSULTANT – MARKET RESEARCH & FEASIBILITY
Horwath HTL Health and Wellness (HHTL)
Horwath HTL Role Summary (based in Bangkok, Thailand Office):
Reporting to the Manager – Horwath HTL Health and Wellness, the Consultant – Market Research and Feasibility position is primarily responsible for assisting in the development of market research and feasibility reports (to a standard consistent with other international hospitality consulting firms and other professional organizations), business plans, and client presentations. Feasibility reports include; project parameters and site analysis, traffic and tourism analysis, competitive set review, development strategy, area recommendations, and demand analysis and financial forecast. The role involves working with other team members on the following key deliverables:
- Development of project-specific market research, concepts and feasibility reports
- Development of business plans and other “bankable documents.”
- Development of business development collaterals and materials
- Actively participate in conceptual brainstorming sessions
- Real-time business meetings and client interaction
- Attend networking events and training seminars regularly
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Work in an international and multicultural environment.
- Work for prestigious luxury clients from around the world.
- Opportunity to exercise creative ideas and skills.
- Central Bangkok workplace.
- Daily healthy lunch.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare market research, concept, and feasibility reports and/or presentations for hospitality businesses. Some travel may be required for the completion of market research, concept, and feasibility reports and/or presentations.
- Conduct research on market trends and real-time consumer preferences (the “General Research”) and present your findings and recommendations to the Manager – Horwath HTL Health and Wellness.
- Conduct project-specific research on economic indicators, travel and tourism industry, market guest mix, hotel performance indicators, operational benchmarks, and construction costs (“Industry Research”). You will be expected to present Industry Research in written format as well as through excel charts and graphs. You will be expected to draw conclusions and identify opportunities from Industry Research. The team will utilize the Industry Research that you collect. Information must be accurate and professionally sourced.
- Conduct project-specific research on resorts, hotels, and spas in various global markets (“Competitive Research”). You will analyze items such as, but not limited to inventory, rates, amenities, amenity pricing, development size, and interior design scheme. You will be expected to draw conclusions and identify opportunities from your Competitive Research. The team will utilize the Competitive Research that you collect. Information must be accurate and professionally sourced.
- Prepare financial models, specific financial analysis, and coordinate the preparation of spa and hotel financial forecasts and budgets.
- Conduct ad hoc research on the spa, hotel and travel and tourism industry and communicate findings in the form of articles and industry reports. Work with the Manager – Horwath HTL Health and Wellness to develop and maintain a library on published articles on the spa, hotel and travel and tourism industry.
- Assist in the development of business proposals and business pitch presentations.
- Assist in market and communication efforts including press releases, collateral development, website development, and project references, as it relates to Horwath HTL Health and Wellness.
- Conduct additional financial analysis, investment analysis and project development assignments as assigned by the Managing Director / Manager
- Assist the team on other administration assignments as assigned by the Managing Director / Manager.
- Be able to present work and findings both to colleagues and external stakeholders. Presenting skills should be adapted to the audience and time available and presentations may be in person or online.
- Interact with concept development and design team to ensure that financial projections are aligned with GFA and area program assumptions.
- Provide input and research for Horwath industry white papers and co-author these documents as required.
- Be prepared to work with clients and stakeholders to walk them through financial forecasts and business planning, creating and analyzing various scenarios as required.
Please submit your application using the form below, or send your CV, cover letter, and any supporting documents to: email@example.com