SENIOR MANAGER – MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS
Reporting to the Direct – Marketing, the Senior Marketing & Communications Manager will be responsible for overseeing marketing activities for GOCO Hospitality, as well as for owned or managed properties including wellness-centric hotels/resorts and spas & wellness centres. The successful candidate will develop and implement strategic marketing plans to increase brand awareness, drive revenue, and build strong relationships with guests and partners.
This position will also see the employee work and collaborate closely with all departments within GOCO Hospitality in the creation of client wellness concept proposals as well as supporting the marketing department in day-to-day marketing-related activities.
The Senior Marketing & Communications Manager is a marketer and tech-savvy passionate individual, who has extensive working experience in various international hotel brands and is a strong team player and keen to develop their knowledge of wellness hospitality and skills within the company.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Work in an international and multicultural environment.
- Work for prestigious luxury clients from around the world.
- Opportunity to exercise creative ideas and skills.
- Central Bangkok workplace.
- Daily healthy lunch.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for developing and executing a marketing and communication strategy for GOCO Hospitality to drive brand awareness and ongoing brand engagement.
- Responsible for developing and implementing a marketing and communication plan for wellness projects and properties managed by GOCO Hospitality, driving teams and leading the tasks amongst the different teams on and off property, spanning content, activities, and promotional marketing creation, team coordination, communication plans, and
- Copywriting and proofreading of marketing content including concept development presentations, corporate collaterals, and spa collaterals.
- Work with the Director of Marketing in the development and maintenance of existing and new external relationships. This may include attending events, trade shows, and external marketing media events as required to fulfill the duties of the role.
Marketing Operations of Managed Properties – Representing approx. 40% of the total scope
- Work with the Director of Marketing on branded wellness hospitality solutions and related work for projects across the globe.
- Assist in developing the marketing pre-opening and opening plan of upcoming spa or wellness properties
- Responsible for the execution of the marketing pre-opening plan and marketing promotional plan of the wellness projects & properties under a pre-opening and management agreement
- Drive and handle when necessary day-to-day marketing activities for projects & properties under a management agreement
- Develop and execute the hotel’s overall marketing strategy in alignment with business objectives and budgets.
- Manage the annual marketing budget, tracking and reporting on ROI and effectiveness.
- Work with teams of marketing professionals to execute campaigns across digital, social, and traditional channels.
- Manage relationships with external partners, such as creative agencies, printers, and media outlets.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including but not limited to Sales, Revenue Management, Operations and purchasing to develop integrated campaigns and promotions.
- Monitor & analyze market trends and competitor activities to stay ahead of the competition.
- Develop and maintain the hotel’s brand identity and positioning, ensuring consistency across all marketing collateral and communication channels.
- Develop and implement effective PR and media relations strategies to promote the hotel and its offerings.
Concept Development – Representing approx. 35% of the total scope
- Work in close coordination with various departments assigned to the development of concept development presentations for various spa and wellness projects
- In addition, the Sr. Marketing Manager will be required to attend all relevant meetings associated with the project and assist in the writing of various sections of the project.
- Work with the graphic designer and design team on the look and feel.
- Openly contribute ideas to enhance concepts.
GOCO Corporate Marketing – Representing approx. 20% of the total scope
- Create a regular social media publishing schedule that includes authentic, relevant, original, and high-quality content to appropriately leverage each channel.
- Responsible for the management of the social media channels including social media engagement
- Responsible for developing, updating, and consistently monitoring the company’s B2B and B2C websites.
- Create the company’s newsletters and EDMs using the company’s CRM tool
- Responsible for the GOCO Hospitality’s databases updates and management
- Responsible for the company’s website updates and management
- Analyze social media, digital campaign, and website performance, generate reports and recommendations to increase traffic & engagement
- Monitor online presence ensuring brand consistency.
Other Tasks & Administration – Representing approx. 5% of the total scope
- The Senior Marketing & Communications Manager will be responsible for day-to-day administrative duties associated with the position. This includes; purchase orders, updating Monday.com, DLT rotation list & schedule, update of corporate collaterals, etc.
- Stay updated with the latest wellness marketing trends, events and competitor activities.
- Attend seminars and online events as required and as necessary to maintain a working knowledge of the industry.
- Attend project and client workshops, kick-off meetings, and site visits as required.
- A graduate-level degree within any subject but particular favor will be seen to graduates in the fields of marketing communications, media journalism, or publishing.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of proven work experience in marketing roles for international hospitality companies.
- Excellent written, editing, and verbal communication skills in English, and understands appropriate grammar, spelling, and punctuation rules.
- A good leader who can motivate and inspire teams with a humane and hands-on approach.
- Creative & strategic thinking with a passion for innovation and continuous improvement.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret data and make data-driven decisions.
- Demonstrated experience with content and channel optimization, brand consistency, segmentation, and analytics.
- Social media savvy including the ability to post social media content or blogs and run strategic paid advertisement campaigns.
- Has a working knowledge of various Microsoft software and apps including; Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Mailchimp, Google Analytics, WordPress, and more
- Proven ability to coordinate projects, meet tight deadlines, and multi-task.
- Experience in the wellness industry is a plus.
- A good command of Adobe Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign) is a plus.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain strong, professional relationships with all GOCO team members, relevant representatives from operational projects, trade organizations, and business partners.
- Read the Team Member Handbook and understand and adhere to the rules and regulations outlined therein and also various policies and procedures introduced.
- Advance self-knowledge of business trends within the spa and wellness industries.
- Exercises responsible behavior at all times and positively represents GOCO Hospitality.
- Travel for project meetings, site visits, and workshops when required.
- Attend meetings and training sessions as and when required.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The above duties and responsibilities are not finite and may change due to the changing nature of the role, be amended and developed at any time by the Executive Leadership team of GOCO Hospitality. In accepting the position, the candidate fully understands and agrees to this.
Any candidate with lessor experience and qualifications may be considered as Manager – Marketing & Communications.